Sunday 13 January 2008

Time waits for no man!

It has been a bit of a hard weekend, I know what needs to be done, I have everything required all I need now is a little bit of sunshine and longer days.
This however is a luxury that I hasn't been granted, so in between the rain showers and until the light faded I continued to try and get the base down for what is to be the unheated greenhouse. I believe another couple of hours and the base should be complete, as you can see i only have another 10 or so flags to lay. It all went pretty well, the time and weather factor were the only set backs.



DT Browns have sent the majority of my seeds at long last (although I'm still waiting on the potato's, these should be with me this week). I've put some Broardbeans in to soak and I'll sow a number of different seeds this week. I know it's early but I thought I'd try and get a fly'er and see how things cope in the heated greenhouse. As I have never grow anything in this way or even tried to get such an early start it will no doubt be a learning curve.


After watching this weeks C4 programs regarding Chickens I've been looking at how to incubate eggs to expand our flock of 4. If I can get a steady supply I think we'll also start to breed some for meat purposes (watch this space on that one).

No comments: